Thursday, January 04, 2007

Steady and Slow

Since all the snow excitement there hasn't been much else to say, Christmas came and went and the New Year was ushered in with a tiny pop. On the 31st of December I finally took the plunge before the price went up and entered myself into the OKC Memorial Marathon. Time will tell whether or not this was a wise decision or not but on the 1st I duly began training in earnest. Fortunately this took the shape of a 2 mile slow run which given the late night and the vast number of puddings was probably for the best. I've had another run since then as dictated by the Runner's World Plan and have another today. This is knuckle-down and get serious time thankfully I have a new toy to assist with with this. With the magic of magical things I can put on my training plan at a click of a mouse and with a press of a button and some satellites doing something clever I can make sure I'm doing what I'm supposed to be. I love new stuff and running. And stuff.

1 comment:

britoutofwater said...

I think it's the most fun ever. I used it on my run after work today and apparently I'm actually rubbish at keeping an even pace which is good to know. Hopefully my new 'training tool' will help me rectify that. When I got back I uploaded the data to my computer and was presented with magical graphs that show my pace and elvation and mph and all kinds of data I didn't even know existed. I also liked the maps with little dots (me) plotted on them. I think it's actually magic.